Engineer Raed Abu Al-Saud assumed the position of Minister of Water and Irrigation in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on 7 April 2005.
He was Minister of Public Works and Housing and Minister of Transport for the period from 25 October 2003 to 24 October 2004. Minister of Water and Irrigation 7/4/2004 Minister of Public Works and Housing, 2005-3 / 7/2005, Minister of Water and Irrigation 2007-2009
Eng. Raed Abu Al-Saud worked in the Ministry of Water and Irrigation in 2000-2003 where he was Director of the Planning and Management Unit (PMU) and Assistant to the Secretary General of the Water Authority.
During his tenure as Director of the Planning and Management Unit (PMU), Engineer Raed Abu Al-Saud was responsible for achieving the full objectives of the unit, which was valued at US $ 400 million. These objectives included:
- • Rehabilitation of water supply networks.
- Management of the contribution of the private sector in the services of the Water Authority
- To proceed with the Ministry’s efforts to improve the management and conditions of water and sanitation services.
- Providing highly skilled technical and management expertise to manage the Greater Amman Water Sector Improvement Program (GAWSIP).
- It should be noted that the engineer Raed Abu Saud was a member of the steering committee of the sewage treatment plant Khirbet Samra.
- In addition, Eng. Raed Abu Al-Saud has managed several international and investment projects for Jordan and many countries in the Middle East.
Engineer Raed Abu Al-Saud received a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and Construction Management from the University of Miami, Florida, USA. He has attended many educational and training courses related to construction, primavera , Bilateral and international cooperation, water economics, financial and accounting management, management of drinking water treatment plants and transparency in infrastructure concessions at Harvard University and many Jordanian institutes and training centers.
Engineer Raed Abu Al-Saud is a member of:
- Member and Chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Member of Aqaba Railway Corporation.
- Member of the Hijazi Railway Corporation
- Member of Jordan Maritime Authority.
- Member of the Public Transport Regulatory Commission.
- He has a membership in the Housing, Development and Urbanization Foundation, which started in 2003.
Born in 1957 in Jordan, he is married and has three children. He speaks fluent English alongside the mother tongue (Arabic).